Hiring an experienced and esteemed attorney for a DUI case can be a difficult and long process. When choosing a DUI lawyer to represent you, think about the following factors:
- Search for DUI specialization in American Bar Association Journal articles
- Do the quoted fees include the DMV hearing, expert fees, blood reanalysis, trial, and more?
- Does the lawyer have an Approved Board Certification (ABA) from the National College for DUI Defense?
- Do not trust lawyers who guarantee specific results.
- Request a contract–in writing–for a contract for all charges and services.
- Get a recommendation from an officer for who they would select if arrested for DUI.
To learn more about DUI lawyer’s fees: What Will a DUI Attorney Cost?
California DUI: A Drunk Driving Legal Guide
Provides recommendations for the top DUI attorneys in California.
California State Bar
View an attorney’s complaint and disciplinary record online.